Rocky Mountain Care - Cottage on Vine, Murray is currently hiring a full-time Registered Nurse for our MDS Coordinator position to join our team! We are looking for a LEADER who wants to be part of an organization that is built on TRUST, RELATIONSHIPS, COMMITMENT, and ACCOUNTABILITY.
MISSION STATEMENT: As a member of your community, our mission is to deliver compassionate health care services to all those entrusted with our care. Through leadership and trust, we function as a cohesive team dedicated to cost-effective, high-quality outcomes for our residents. We foster an environment of innovation and continual improvement by encouraging creativity and openness. We pledge to value one another through loyalty, respect, and dignity. Integrity, fairness, and kindness are an integral part in all of our business decisions.
The MDS COORDINATOR oversees the patient care assessment and care plan process of each resident in accordance with all laws, regulations, and Company standards. Reports to Director of Nursing (DON).
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the long-term care facility.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have the ability to implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Nursing department.
- Must be able to read current literature, talk with colleagues, continue education, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ conditions.
- Must be able to investigate and direct resident inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Must be able to collect and report data on topics such as resident encounters and inter-institutional problems, making recommendations for change when appropriate.
- Must be able to coordinate communication between residents, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies.
- Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment and complaint procedures.
- Must be able to coordinate the timely development and completion of resident assessment (MDS).
- Must be able to understand and apply MDS/PPS rules using the Utilization Guidelines for every assessment.
- Must be able to coordinate the timely development of a written plan of care for each resident, including measurable objectives.
- Must be able to understand the financial concepts and implications of RUG III, PPS, and state case mix.
- Must be able to ensure all MDS assessments and RAPs are accurate, completed, encoded, edited, printed, and exported per state and federal requirements.
- Must be able to interview residents or their representatives to identify problems relating to care.
- Must be able to identify and share research, recommendations, or other information regarding legal liabilities, risk management, or quality of care.
*This position complies with the CMS Mandate for COVID 19 Vaccinations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- Rehabilitation center
- Are you willing to undergo a background check in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations?
- Utah RN License or unencumbered Nurse Compact License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location